Help Please

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Kyle,

What's "Crib" exactly ? Can you post the link you were talking about?

Check out this page and see if you like these games: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-games/

If you do, and you want to have them installed, all you have to do is open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get install gnome-games".

Hope it helps,
Clem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Need Help Finding Crib game for Mint!

Post by nick »

Hi
I had to install G++ and QT3 libraries, including qtassitant and then, make, sudo make install.
works O.K. I have KDE desktop. Many thanks have been looking for cribbage fo Linux fo some time :)
Does not add to menu, just type kardsgt, or create link on desktop.
Have you tried running your original cribbage game under Wine? If you give me a link to URL I will have a go.

Regards - Nick
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

You need libpng3:

sudo apt-get install libpng3

You know you can simply double click on the deb in nautilus... and it'll open a gui for the installer. I think it'll even check dependencies for you.

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Well I never ran that game... I suppose you can right click somewhere, or use the menu editor.. or create a file in /usr/share/applications.

I'm not quite sure.
Clem
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
Sorry, I never made myself clear, I compiled the program from source , never mind you have it working.
To make link, right click on desktop, Create New-Link to Application, Click on Application tab,
under command,put kardsgt, under description, "cribbage" or whatever, click general tab, put in cribbage or whatever you want, If you then click on the "blank icon" before closing, you will be given a choice of icons.
Enjoy - Nick

Return to “Software & Applications”