Rhythmbox volume control

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ltspicoli

Rhythmbox volume control

Post by ltspicoli »

So an interesting problem....

Rhythmbox music player's volume control seems to act completely independent of the main system volume. I have changed devices (I have an integrated and PCI add on soundcard) with the volume control in the "taskbar" but to no avail. Rhythmbox decides what it wants the volume to be, and my mute button does nothing, even though it alters the system volume.

I have looked through settings in rhythmbox, but can't seem to find a setting to allow volume control by the system instead of it working independent. Can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Rhythmbox volume control

Post by Husse »

I cannot reproduce this (in Elyssa main)
newly_minted

Post by newly_minted »

Just installed Mint and love it. The only thing i ran into that i wish i could change is volume control. I am using Rhythmbox and have headphones that i plug into logitech computer speakers and i have the main volume and Rhythmbox volume set at the max and it still the volume is low. Is there is a way to increase the volume if the volume settings are already at max?

thanks
ltspicoli

Post by ltspicoli »

newly_minted wrote:Is there is a way to increase the volume if the volume settings are already at max?
I might be able to help with this problem... if you double click on the speaker on the bottom right, it will open the full volume control. Make sure that none of your tabs are at 15% or something. Putting them all at 100% may cause distortion, especially with PCM, but finding a happy balance should give you a boost.
newly_minted

Post by newly_minted »

That worked. I was able to get a little more volume out of it with not much distortion.

thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”