I have broken Felicia

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EmyrB

I have broken Felicia

Post by EmyrB »

Hi All,

I'm a Mint newbie (this is my first Mint install ever) and I was playing around with it after I had installed it onto my PC. I decided to try out synaptic to install some extra software which I have on my Ubuntu 8.10 install, namely Amarok, VLC, Gramps, Scribus, Blue Fish and F-Spot. Everything went well until it came to doc-base 0.8.16. Synaptics bombed at that point so I tried to run dpkg --configure -a and this is what I get: -

Code: Select all

Setting up doc-base (0.8.16) ...
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 2, near ""http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info" type"
	(Missing operator before type?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 4, near "<comment>Amiga"
	(Missing operator before Amiga?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 2, near ""http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info" type"
	(Missing operator before type?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 4, near "<comment>Amiga"
	(Missing operator before Amiga?)
Unrecognized character \xD0 in column 26 at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl/5.10/AutoLoader.pm line 186.
 at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/Storable.pm line 22
Bus error
dpkg: error processing doc-base (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 135
dpkg: ../../src/packages.c:221: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
Aborted
Now I cannot run Synaptics or do and apt-get anything as it gives me this error: -

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. 
Help?

Cheers

EmyrB
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
magnus0

Re: I have broken Felicia

Post by magnus0 »

Just run

sudo dpkg --configure -a
like it says
EmyrB

Re: I have broken Felicia

Post by EmyrB »

Hi magnus0,

I have done that already, hence the big code block at the start of my post :)

Cheers

EmyrB

Return to “Beginner Questions”