a quick question regarding WINE and video card

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

a quick question regarding WINE and video card

Post by xnostradamusx »

well im just wondering if there is any difference in opening a file with wine which is installed on my windows xp partition directly or should i copy that whole program folder to the fake c driver of wine?

and also im using a intel 965gm video card and upto 350 mb memory and its using vesa driver is it already enough cause im planning to play games with it, cause most guides i see they tell adding the word "intel" or "i810" on xorg conf, which when i put intel nothing happens and if i put i810 as a driver my screen crashes
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Re: a quick question regarding WINE and video card

Post by xnostradamusx »

keplerspeed wrote:If you are executing a setup.exe it wont matter where the executible is. If you are opening a file, especially a program file from the xp partition, I would copy the file, as I wouldnt want to damage my win install by editing program files. What file is it exactly that your opening, and for what purpose? read , write or both?
its a game warcraft frozenthrone its installed in my windows xp partition it runs when i open it with wine but i just want to confirm it wont cause any problem while doing that cause i thought maybe its much safer to copy the game in the fake c windows which wine created.
~cheers~

xnostradamusx

Return to “Software & Applications”