Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox CE Suggestions/Wishlist/Discussion

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Re: Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox CE Suggestions/Wishlist/Discussion

Post by guest »

Guestman wrote:
Zwopper wrote:
Guestman wrote: No no no, please not a google thing! With the doubts on the user privacy about Chrome for example, not Google again!
OK!
How about... :wink:
You know it's goGGle, not gOOgle...
Would you say that it is not Google? OK, but the homepage is http://code.google.com/p/gogglesmm/. code gOOgle.com! So what about? :wink:
FYI code.google.com is Google's open source project hosting service available to any open source project. (http://code.google.com/opensource/).
Brian168

Post by Brian168 »

In my opinion Fluxbox is the only WM that displays "Window Transparency" beautifully that goes with it, probably via "xcompmgr + Transset" . Which obviously is one of its "cool eye candy" alternative features, just as GNOME+Compiz Fusion. I hope there is a feature option on Mint 6 Fluxbox to have this enabled out of the box. TNX :)

Post by Guest »

[quote="Brian168"]In my opinion Fluxbox is the only WM that displays True "Window Transparency and Fade effects" beautifully that goes with it, probably via "xcompmgr + Transset" . Which obviously is one of its "cool eye candy" alternative installs, just as GNOME+Compiz Fusion. I hope there is a feature option on Mint 6 Fluxbox to have this enabled out of the box. TNX :wink:
Helmut
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Helmut »

Hi shane and the rest,
Up to now I've been shutting up reading this really productive discussion. I do like they direction this project is going.
Now I can't refrain from adding my two cents worth:

1) Lets keep in mind we can still choose applications once this Fluxbox edition is installed and running on our boxes. If we don't like Abiword or Firefox or XYZ, we can replace it with something else.

2) It is imperative(!) that the default Fluxbox installation keeps slim enough to run on old boxes with weak CPU and meager RAM.
After all thats what Fluxbox edition is supposed to be all about, otherwise we may as well run something else! Agreed?

cheers,
Helmut
Gonzo168

Post by Gonzo168 »

My Wish for the upcoming Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox is for Atheros AR5BXB63 Chipset / AR5006EG/ AR5007EG to "WORK" properly out of the box in all sense. That goes for me and to ALL who are using it. --- :|

Return to “Software & Applications”