KDE 4.1.3?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wrender

KDE 4.1.3?

Post by wrender »

Will Linux Mint KDE CE 6 use kde 4.1.3 when it is released? I think it was a mistake on kubuntu's part for releasing before the final point release was out for this kde version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: KDE 4.1.3?

Post by Boo »

That depends if it hits the repos soon and if it gives me too much greif.
I am having problems atm with adding packages, and reconstructor.
There is already an update to the proc FS utils and the kernel. (6 packages).

I want to get an alpha out soon to get some feed back on KDE4 config and apps added.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
wrender

Post by wrender »

Well it is suppose to come out with packages for Kubuntu 8.10 later today or tomorrow... :wink:

http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title ... e_Schedule

http://roderick-greening.blogspot.com/2 ... v-5th.html
wrender

Post by wrender »

LinuxForever

Post by LinuxForever »

Three versus Four (or how to decide on your next KDE desktop version) http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20081027

"With KDE's releases coming in roughly 6-month intervals, it could be January 2010 before we have a KDE 4 that is as good as or better than KDE 3.5!"
meandean

Post by meandean »

I like debian's solution - ship 3.5 and have 4 in backports
LinuxForever

Post by LinuxForever »

+1
LinuxForever

Post by LinuxForever »

Progress in KDE 4

I just tried the live cd of openSUSE 11.1 beta 5 with KDE 4.1.3. Kubuntu has released the KDE 4.1.3 update in their backports. KDE 4 now has the “hide” feature in it's desktop panel. Not having the hide feature was one of my major objections to using KDE 4 as an everyday desktop.

Root Krusader is still not working in KDE4, but with the progress the KDE team is making root Krusader should be working soon.

So, the reason for this post is just to say my objections to Linux Mint KDE 6 CE having KDE4 is now null and void. By the time Linux Mint KDE 6 CE is released KDE4 will have many more things working, so using it everyday shouldn't be a problem for most users. DistroWatch said recently that KDE4 should be finished by early 2010 but I think it might be finished sooner.
Rob Brill

Post by Rob Brill »

Hi,

Nice post LinuxForever

Nice post. Important informations about Kde
4xx development. Yes i agree with you when you said it shouldn't be a
problem for users in using it everyday.

In my opinion (i suppose) Kde 4xx will be ready and stable next december 2008

We hope so.

Cheers
Roberto