request openoffice 3 for 64bit LM5

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
revdjenk

request openoffice 3 for 64bit LM5

Post by revdjenk »

Would like to have this available...
Have used OOo3 on a windows machine and LOVE it!

I tried a suggested 64bit install of OOo3 in my kubuntu 64bit setup , but it trashed the whole system (which gave me an excuse to come to Mint!!)

God Bless
Doug
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: request openoffice 3 for 64bit LM5

Post by msuggs »

Have a look at this thread. The instructions are for Mint 6 but it looks like the repos have packages for Mint 5/Hardy as well. Just change where it says 'intrepid' in the how-to to 'hardy' and it all should work. Of course there are no guarantees, use at your own risk :)
revdjenk

Post by revdjenk »

Thanks for that thread, Omns, however I had seen that before, and since there isn't any mention of 64bit I am not going there. I think that what has been released so far in Mint 6 has just been 32bit anyway...

God Bless
Doug
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

This is the contents of the repo that this method downloads from

http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkg ... ffice.org/
revdjenk

Post by revdjenk »

no go, omns! When I use intrepid, openoffice 3 is available, but will not d/l because of dependancy probs....
when type in hardy I am given only 2.4 as choices. I have checked this out in synaptic as well...

Back to 2.4 :(

God Bless
Doug

Return to “Software & Applications”