Acer AS3003WLCi BCM4318 - Update hangs

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Blakers McAwesome

Acer AS3003WLCi BCM4318 - Update hangs

Post by Blakers McAwesome »

I've read hundreds of different threads regarding the friggin' 43xx wireless problems. I had an hp laptop I managed to make work with a thread on here, but this ACER laptop i just picked up today is a little more difficult. I'm running with 512MB ram until the new RAM cardsget here next week, but it's hanging abnormally long. According to the ubuntu 8.04 tutorial on Hardy (which M5 main is built on), I can just go into 'Hardware Drivers' and click to enable the Broadcom B43 wireless driver. I click to enable it, and the software box comes up, but it just freezes there.

I get another box to pop up that reads:

Configuring b43-fwcutter
( ) Fetch and extract firmware?

I try to click the box next to that question to say yes, and then continue, but nothing happens...it just hangs.

Is there a problem with my system, or is there another way to do this? I've tried ndiswrapper, and I always end up with the same ssb driver being in use, which won't work for me.

Anyone have any idea?

BCM4318 Rev 02 is my card.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Blakers McAwesome

Re: Acer AS3003WLCi BCM4318 - Update hangs

Okay, update -

The hardware update FINALLY unfroze, and I clicked to continue, and I received the following error:

"E: b43-fwcutter: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1"

What's the best course of action now?

This laptop has bluetooth AND WiFi on it, and it would be SWEET to be able to use them both.
Blakers McAwesome

Re: Acer AS3003WLCi BCM4318 - Update hangs

Clearly, I am retarded. The wireless works perfectly now.

Sooooo, my next step is bluetooth.

Any help there?

And if a MOD wants to delete this thread, that would work too.

Thanks

Return to “Hardware Support”