Clicking sound through speakers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Clicking sound through speakers

Post by Husse »

Mint main?
Which hardware?
post the result of lspci
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

This seems to be one of the new powerful laptops with double graphics cards and VIA based
That tells a lot.
Your new description changes the situation a bit
Measure the time difference between the clicks for some time and see if it is exactly the same period or find the minimum and maximum
Then go into the logs (System logs) and (try to) find something appearing with that periodicity
Also you can see writing to the logs when they are open, so maybe you see directly what it is
My preliminary guess is wifi - I think it sends a call about once a minute
Husse

Post by Husse »

This is a tricky one and I would have to sit in front of the computer to come closer to a solution
It's not a normal situation, but the fact that it's a desktop leaves room for components that don't live together well (Hopefully that is not the case in a laptop, but you never know..)
I only see one sound card, but the SB Live! EMU10k1 is not an integrated card
If you have an integrated card that for some reason did not turn up in lspci (because it was turned off :)) remove the SB live card and use the integrated and listen
If that's ok then you know that something is happening between the sound and wifi cards - maybe a metallic shield could help - but now we are dangerously close to destroying the whole by mistake....

Return to “Sound”