Adding Applications to Avant

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chowanec
Level 3
Level 3

Adding Applications to Avant

Post by chowanec »

Hey all,

Probably a pretty easy one for you guys, but I cannot, for the life of me, add applications to the Avant Dock. I can get the Avant Applets to show up and work, but when I drag the Amarok icon (or any applications) to the dock, it doesn't actually add it...?

Help?

Thanks.

-Chow
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revdjenk

Re: Adding Applications to Avant

Post by revdjenk »

chowanec,

I can do that...just discovered that, but this is what I did originally.

Right click on a blank section/corner of the "background" (shelf) behind the AWN icons. You will get a menu of items, choose "dock preferences."
Left side bar of the opening window you will see "launchers" - click on that. and then click on +Add in the new right side bar.
You will get a new Launcher editor window...
to get Firefox, for example
Name: (type) Firefox
Description: (type) browser
Command: (type) firefox
left click on icon box, the rectangle on the left, click on "Stock/In theme" and scroll around and click on the Firefox icon, click OK.
click on OK...

That is the process I used to add apps to AWN.

God Bless
Doug

You should now have
harrall

Post by harrall »

I have tried adding apps both by dragging them from the applications menu and by creating a launcher, but none of them seem to work... Should I re-install the whole AWN app?
harrall

Post by harrall »

I figured it out! Problem solved. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”