LM 6 via Update?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EchoLynx

LM 6 via Update?

Post by EchoLynx »

Is it possible to upgrade to Felicia RC1 in Elyssa without a clean reinstall? I just really don't feel like reinstalling all my applications...

Also, is it possible to point folders in the home directory to a different partition, as if you were redirecting the "My Documents" folder in XP to a separate drive?

Thanks,
Ian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: LM 6 via Update?

Post by merlwiz79 »

RC 6 is the test release and not the final release.
Updating to it would be pointless.
After the final release of Felicia their will be a way of updating to it.
EchoLynx

Post by EchoLynx »

I understand that it would be redundant, but it wouldn't be pointless- I want to help by testing. Anyway, after the final is released can't you update your release candidate?

-Ian
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

EchoLynx wrote: Also, is it possible to point folders in the home directory to a different partition, as if you were redirecting the "My Documents" folder in XP to a separate drive?

Thanks,
Ian
Indeed it is, you can mount anything anywhere!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Arron

Post by Arron »

Id like to jump in here too, not meaning to hijack this thread.

Can I cleanly / easily update from Mint 6 rc1 to Mint 6 full release? I got a nice new to me PC, and id like to set it up with all my settings, games, links and stuff with Mint 6. Or is it easier / better / cleaner to wait for the full release?
EchoLynx

Post by EchoLynx »

Personally, I've decided to just stick with clean installs. Makes things simpler, and less chance of headaches later down the road.

-Ian

Return to “Beginner Questions”