Audacity Audio Recording

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mtelesha

Audacity Audio Recording

Post by mtelesha »

I have converted our churches old Dell to a audio recorder with Linux Mint. It has worked ok but I have issues with the audio level being about 20 dB to low. I opened up the volume mixer and the second I adjusted a slider I lost all input audio. Though I can hear the audio on a headphone but I can not get anything to record. I have changed the preferences of Audacity and I have looked for Jackd and Pulse as they are incompatible with Audacity and they are not running on this system. That is the whole reason I went with Xfce.

What am I missing in audio with Xfce? OSS and ALSA are not working now with Audacity and it was working with ALSA Default until I touched the mixer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Audacity Audio Recording

Post by Husse »

Have you checked the switches in the volume control?
mtelesha

Re: Audacity Audio Recording

Post by mtelesha »

Yes all the switches are fine. Everything is fine except the recording in Audacity. I can hear the audio through my headphones but can not get Audacity to record like it did before I just touched a volume control.

-Marc

Return to “Xfce”