Could you recommend some CD burning software?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Could you recommend some CD burning software?

Post by Husse »

The out of the box version is not all that good. There are quite a few instances in synaptics for CD burning, but I don't really know what/how to choose
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I heard a lot of people using Brasero (make sure to use mintMenu 1.11 for Brasero to work from the menu -- Romeo repo), or K3B.

Clem
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

I agree. Hands down, overall presentation and performance I give to K3B.

easy to use, get's er done, every time.

Big Bear
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

personally im a big fan of brasero, its so easy to use a chimp could use it, and it autodetects everything.
euthypro
Level 3
Level 3

Post by euthypro »

Brasero does it for me, never a complaint so far. My knowledge and ability exceed those of a chimp, but only slightly.
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

K3B is cool, I use it all the time.

Rod
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

I installed the last Brasero, and it did correctly put a "Start a project" (or similar, in Italian) in the mintMenu; the link however doesn't do anything if you click on it. Brasero works flawlessly from the command line, though. :?:
Am I the only one with this problem? :(
Husse

Post by Husse »

@kanishka
I've got an icon "Brasero" in the Mint menu and when I click it Brasero opens up
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Husse wrote:@kanishka
I've got an icon "Brasero" in the Mint menu and when I click it Brasero opens up
:cry: Not fair

How did you install it? I used the Mint repos...
Husse

Post by Husse »

How did you install it? I used the Mint repos...
So did I as far as I can remember
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

I tried again, but nothing changes.
The brasero package does not require any other packages; is this right? I suspect I'm missing some pieces, somehow...

Thanx for help Husse! :D
Husse

Post by Husse »

@kanishka
The brasero package does not require any other packages
The installer takes care of "the dependancies hell" so all you need is installed.
I think I remember now that I added the link manually - very easy to do - but easier still if the installer does it.
Check where the exec of brasero is
terminal>which brasero > /usr/bin/brasero
(I did it for you)
Menu>menu layout
Select which group you want for your link on the left pane and click new post. You can choose an icon as well as give the path to the exec.
Done
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Well it's getting stranger...
I unisntalled and reinstalled Brasero some more times, and I noticed that it doesn't add an icon to the menu no more. Not only that: I can not add its link to the menu via Menu Layout: it simply doesn't show there, though the same operation works flawlessly for any other application... :shock: :shock: :shock:
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

It does the same for me. I can start it from the C/L but no icons anywhere unless I make a link.

Big Bear
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Red Knuckles wrote:I just installed Brasero and it is listed in >K-Menu>Multimedia and it does open for me. Could others problems getting it to open from K or Tasty Menu have to do with Linux Mint version or repos??? :?: :shock:
I still have the same problem... :(

Gnomebaker is not a solution, because it does not want to burn my dvds :cry:

I see that you are using Bianca KDE; so maybe it's a GNOME (I use it) problem?
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

kanishka wrote:[I still have the same problem... :(
Can you open it from the command line?
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

scorp123 wrote:Can you open it from the command line?
Yes. it works flawlessly from the CL. But it doesn't show in the menu (I use GNOME Bianca) and - on top of that - it can't be added to it :shock:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

kanishka wrote:Yes. it works flawlessly from the CL. But it doesn't show in the menu (I use GNOME Bianca) and - on top of that - it can't be added to it :shock:
Hmmm ... something wrong with your menu maybe? Can you take a look at this posting please:
http://automatthias.wordpress.com/2005/ ... nome-menu/

I know ... it's about creating customised menus. But nontheless this guy mentions all the relevant files there, so maybe it would be worth checking out those files, e.g. if they are present or not and what their permissions are?

If nothing else that link might help you to fix your menu, so I hope.

EDIT #1: Found one more link that might help you to troubleshoot this:
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/GNOME.html#MENUS
amin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amin »

kanishka wrote:
scorp123 wrote:Can you open it from the command line?
Yes. it works flawlessly from the CL. But it doesn't show in the menu (I use GNOME Bianca) and - on top of that - it can't be added to it :shock:
Kanishka, if it works from command line, then it is easy to add it in the gnome menus. Use alacarte. It should be in System->pref->menu layout (which is run alacarte). Add item to the menus or sub menus that you want. I used to check "run from terminal" for testing, and if it works, i will then uncheck it.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

amin wrote:Kanishka, if it works from command line, then it is easy to add it in the gnome menus. Use alacarte. It should be in System->pref->menu layout (which is run alacarte). Add item to the menus or sub menus that you want. I used to check "run from terminal" for testing, and if it works, i will then uncheck it.
The fact is, I can add a new "brasero" icon&Command to alacarte, but it does not show in the menu anyway...

I'm reading scorp's links, stay tuned :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”