When will we see OOo 3.0 in Linux Mint 6?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
knuckles

Re: When will we see OOo 3.0 in Linux Mint 6?

Post by knuckles »

in a stable system: NEVER, because Felicia use the same versions as Intrepid!

Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex will become a back-port of OpenOffice 3.1 when it's out, but will not be supported!

A solution is a launchpad repo, with that you can install OOo3 in Intrepid/Felicia, but here too, no official support.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The Launchpad repo no longer has OO3. You can get it here.

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/10/1 ... 4-and-810/

I have used this method and it works great. Using these packages gives OpenOffice the auto update feature and gets rid of that Ubuntu look. Ubuntu removed the packages form the Launchpad repo because of a bug that was found. I find it difficult to believe because of all of the bugs they left in Intrepid.
Fred

Post by Fred »

My guess is you won't see OO 3 until it gets into sid main. It is in experimental now. When Debian fixes it Ubuntu will probably pull it in.

Don't forget that Ubuntu doesn't stand alone. Actually they do very little actual development work on upstream programs, considering the size of Ubuntu. Debian does most of the heavy lifting.

Fred
changturkey

Post by changturkey »

Fred wrote:My guess is you won't see OO 3 until it gets into sid main. It is in experimental now. When Debian fixes it Ubuntu will probably pull it in.

Don't forget that Ubuntu doesn't stand alone. Actually they do very little actual development work on upstream programs, considering the size of Ubuntu. Debian does most of the heavy lifting.

Fred
Kind of a shame really. Ubuntu needs to do more upstream work.
JpBя
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JpBя »

A simpler method is just to add

Code: Select all

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu intrepid main
to your sources.list, and then update your openoffice packages.
Ubuntu removed the packages form the Launchpad repo because of a bug that was found.
I'm not sure about any of that, but the repo I listed definitely still has the packages. I used this to upgrade the openoffice packages on my felicia install about five minutes ago, and it worked just fine.
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

OleBole wrote:Topic says it all.. :)
When you install it. :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”