Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 “Felicia”. Congratulations and thanks to all the people who contributed to this release, to all the translators, to the upstream developers and projects which made this possible and above all to the development team for their continuous support [...]

Read more: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=492

Sorry for the delay in releasing Felicia, and if we haven't released an RC for the x64 edition until then, happy Christmas everyone :wink:

Clem.
JoeMama

Re: Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" released!

Post by JoeMama »

CLEM YOU ROCK!!!
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Congratulations to Clem and the team; Felicia looks to be the best Linux distribution ever! 8)
LMUser

Post by LMUser »

Will this distro work out-of-the-box with Acer Aspire One a100?

Downloading now, looking foreward to install this distro on my main computer :D
Thanks for (probably) yet another great release Clem!
LMUser

Post by LMUser »

By the way, the logo jernau has in his avatar, is that some kind of new logo? I've seen it popped up more and more on wallpapers in the proposals thread. Have to admit I like it alot, it would be great to have some wallpapers to choose from with this logo as well.
ElQuia

Post by ElQuia »

Clem, downloading iso as I write. I´m using the RC1, but I´m going to do a fresh install, because of the mint menu problems (Sub menu "Others" which has 11 elements in gnome menu doesn't show up in mint menu).

BTW: Any date for x64 release :?: :?: :?:

(please don´t say soon) :lol:
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by angelbeast »

WOOHOO!! 3 cheers for Clem!

So now i there any way to upgrade from RC1 to the final without doing a fresh install?
Linux Mint 19 “Tara” Cinnamon
Razer Blade Pro 17in full HD
psych1610

Post by psych1610 »

Thanks for the release Clem!!!

Will torrent and seed the two releases!
Dupo

Post by Dupo »

Thanks to Clem and the Linux Mint Team !!!

Especially for the Universal Version. :D
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

ElQuia: The "Other" and "System tools" categories are merged with "Administration" in mintMenu. We didn't like the way some applications seemed to be arbitrarily spread across these three categories so we merged all three of them.

Clem.
jasmac

Post by jasmac »

Hiya, probably a silly question, but, will following the procedures for upgrade provided in the other blog will make my RC exactly the same as the full release?

Cheers

Jason

Edit: Thanikyou for the answer further on. Thankyou Clem for such a great distro, without a doubt the best out there :D :D
Last edited by jasmac on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
focalguy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by focalguy »

Woohoo! Thanks again! I couldn't wait so I set up a friend with Mint 6 on his laptop this past weekend.
Great work all!
psych1610

Post by psych1610 »

jasmac wrote:Hiya, probably a silly question, but, will following the procedures for upgrade provided in the other blog will make my RC exactly the same as the full release?

Cheers

Jason
I recall reading the upgrade tool was just for Mint 5 to Mint 6 Main Editions.

To upgrade from RC1 to Stable you can probably just wait a few days and whatever updates are made available might just trickle on down through the repos or mint update. Also, I believe Clem said that a lot hadn't changed so you can just hang onto RC1.
koss

Post by koss »

Awesome! I love Linux Mint, been using RC1 since it was announced, and even upgraded it to the release when that blog post came up. Been loving it since on my EEEpc 1000HA. Now that I have an .iso for Felicia, I am going to install it onto some other peoples laptops for them to try out. Much Appriciated, and excellent work! Elyssa, and now Felicia are my most loved OS's. :mrgreen:
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Have been using Intrepid for a while, but after installing Mint 6 I have to say that it is nice to be back. I don't know how you do it, but it is running nicer and is too easy to use. Fantastic work team! :D
tawan

Post by tawan »

jasmac wrote:Hiya, probably a silly question, but, will following the procedures for upgrade provided in the other blog will make my RC exactly the same as the full release?

Cheers

Jason
these instructions http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=474 you mean then yes, they give you Full from RC, the only other differences are to the ISO itself, not the installed OS (as i understand it from reading the blog)

procedure from RC to full is

Code: Select all

apt update; apt install gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks mint-artwork-gnome mintassistant mintbackup mintdesktop mintinstall mintmenu mintnanny mintupdate mintupload
then restart X (CNTRL+ALT+BACKSP)
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Awesome work Clem. I've got it installed and running. Thank you once again for a fantastic release.
Ralphnaderchop
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ralphnaderchop »

I like it, I like it, I like it. Running this on VirtualBox, and it's very nice. I'm waiting for the Mint 6 x64 so I can install it on my Mint partition. That, is the one I've been waiting for...

Edit:Thank you very much!
campamax

Post by campamax »

Thanks for the release Clem!

Any hint on how to recover from a disastrous upgrade from Elyssa through the upgrader??
(Yes, i know: do a fresh install.....)

Regards
___
MaX
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

LMUser wrote:By the way, the logo jernau has in his avatar, is that some kind of new logo?
The mint leaf logo was my entry in the 'Proposals for Mint 6' thread, but it was not selected for Mint 6 and it's not an official Linux Mint logo.
LMUser wrote:I've seen it popped up more and more on wallpapers in the proposals thread. Have to admit I like it alot, it would be great to have some wallpapers to choose from with this logo as well.
Thanks. :)

The new logo has proven pretty popular with the people that hang around the Artwork section of the forums, so there are plenty of wallpapers you can download that feature it. You can grab Linux Mint Balls & Linux Mint Earth, Liquid Elegance, Minty Christmas and Winter Mint for starters. 8)

Return to “Releases & Announcements”