Linux Mint prominently featured in FBKOmaha

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint prominently featured in FBKOmaha

Post by bigbearomaha »

I would like to invite you to look over our group site and let me know your thoughts.

We will be adding a PCLOS page when 2007 Final is ready.

Big Bear

http://groups.google.com/group/freedom- ... roup?hl=en
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

That's a very nice initiative, I hope it works out well.

Good luck,
Clem
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

It does give us some fun. we're a small group but we get it done.

so far we have been working with one here and one there.

Now, we are starting to work with a local catholic high school to help them and the students.

The school will undertake a "drive" throughout the year to have people donate PC'sfrom staff, families of students, community members, etc. Then FBK will revive those PC's and return them back to the school for use by the students in their homes and for the school computer labs, etc.

We are excited to enter this new part of our project, as we have some "seniors" who are learning to install and configure Linux and working with the school and students is a nice plus to bring the two groups (seniors and students) together.

This is one of the reasons we search so hard for distros that are top notch and new user accessible. To be used by this group/project. Mint and PCLOS are the two winners. Hands down.

I know it's not much, but you should be proud of what you have here, I see it make a difference every day here. Especially when we have time for "comparative" installs. which are basically times we have an extra machine or two that isn't slotted to go out yet, then we let different members of the group get more experience by installing different distros.

he he. They always come back to our main two.

good job guys, I look forward to continue working with your distro for a long time.

Big Bear

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”