ClearChat Comfort USB headset and LM 6.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
globetrotterdk

ClearChat Comfort USB headset and LM 6.

Post by globetrotterdk »

I am trying to get my Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headset working with LM 6. I have gone into the GNOME panel -> System -> Preferences -> Sound and tried changing Sound playback to "Logitech ClearChat Comfort", and then pressing the "test" button. I get the following error message:
audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: Could not open audio device for playback.
Where do I go from here, to get this to work? The headset is obviously recognized by the system or it wouldn't show up in the sound preferences.

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: ClearChat Comfort USB headset and LM 6.

Post by Husse »

I get the same - seems to be a bug
I can even adjust the speaker volume with the volume control of the USB headset, but it is completely quiet with the exception of sound captured by the microphone
Have to explore this
Husse

Post by Husse »

I've come as far as to get the test sound if I select oss but so far no more
Husse

Post by Husse »

Sorry - but no success
I find a lot (of course) but nothing that helps - I'm baffled
I'll continue looking for a solution
Husse

Post by Husse »

Cross reference - similar problems
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=20481
You may try the (somewhat complicated) install of a USB sound driver mentioned there
I have still no sound in my headset and will come back to this, but no idea at present

Return to “Beginner Questions”