AMD64 nForce3 notebook problems

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hatani

AMD64 nForce3 notebook problems

Post by hatani »

I have problems with both Linux Mint and Kubuntu 8.10. Installation from Windows finishes successfully. After I boot to the Linux, everything seems working fine until I start downloading higher volumes of data (updates). At some point my USB mouse freezes (light remains on, but no response) and my network dies (eth0 still keeps it's assigned IP, but connectivity is lost, restart of networking is not helpful). I suspect this problem is caused by nForce3 chipset, but I was not able to find clear solution on any of forums. Can somebody shed some light on what to try to get rid of the problem? I am rather complete linux noob :). Thanks for any hints.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: AMD64 nForce3 notebook problems

Post by Husse »

I have not found anything that may help you, but it seems that nforce3 could be the root of your problems
Is this using mint4win?
I don't know if that makes any difference
hatani

Re: AMD64 nForce3 notebook problems

Post by hatani »

Husse wrote:I have not found anything that may help you, but it seems that nforce3 could be the root of your problems
Is this using mint4win?
I don't know if that makes any difference
now i see that my reply was lost :-/. Yes, I am using min4win to install Linux Mint. Do you expect problem to be in windows installer? Kubuntu I tried before was installed via Win installer as well. I'll give it another try on whole partition and let's see, maybe device recognition is not working properly from windows installation.

Return to “Hardware Support”