ATI Drivers and Intel 865G VGA drivers.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

ATI Drivers and Intel 865G VGA drivers.

Post by ambertone »

Hi all, does anyone know the commands to download and install drivers for the following:

ATI Radeon 7500 AGP

Intel 865G chipset VGA driver (motherboard driver)

All help appreciated.

Rod
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

I once had a Radeon 7500, moons ago. The ATI support website doesn't offer a proprietary Linux driver for the 7500 series, so I reckon you'll have to use the open-source driver. Bianca is akin to Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy).

According to this discussion, the Intel 865G chipset doesn't need a special driver under Linux.

----
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

Thanks for that, yes the machine with the 865G chipset is working fine under Bianca but I just wanted to be sure.

I have a low profile 64m 7500 which I might add in to unload the frame buffer from the RAM.

Any ideas on the ATI driver?

Rod
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

Any ideas on the ATI driver?
Nope. No ideas. Just happy thoughts.

----
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

ambertone wrote:Any ideas on the ATI driver?
you might try using envy, if it is agp you will probably need to use the older driver
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

For some reason whenever I use Envy (and tried on about three machines) it either sits there and does nothing or it crashes the machine so I think I'll stay away from it.

Rod
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

it has worked for me, but then I am using a newer ati card
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."

Return to “Other topics”