installation does not see my SAta Drive

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

installation does not see my SAta Drive

Post by Guest »

On my system the Live cd does not see my Sata Hardrive, in mint linux 5 it did, windows has no problems, Also on my 2 others system its the same thing.

Its a endless loop of trying to see the sata drive. I let it go over 10 minutes and its the same for all three systems. One with a Asus board and 2 different Gigabyte boards.

Like I said before no problem with Mint Linux 5 version.

So What do I do to fix this problem.

Also same problem with Kubuntu 8.10.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: installation does not see my SAta Drive

Post by Husse »

This should not happen, I suspect a faulty CD
Did you check the md5sum and burned as slow as possible?

Post by Guest »

Husse wrote:This should not happen, I suspect a faulty CD
Did you check the md5sum and burned as slow as possible?
sorry, forgot to say, checksum is good and also downloaded 3 times and burned at the slowest speed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ok lets take one of the pcs as an example
It seems you have Elyssa installed - run lspci in a terminal and post the result here (right click to copy)

Post by Guest »

Husse wrote:Ok lets take one of the pcs as an example
It seems you have Elyssa installed - run lspci in a terminal and post the result here (right click to copy)
I do not have it installed, during the install process it does not see the Sata drives. It stays in an endless loop looking for them.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Husse wrote:Ok lets take one of the pcs as an example
I do not have it installed, during the install process it does not see the Sata drives. It stays in an endless loop looking for them.
The primary partition has windows xp, the next four partition is for Root, home, swa[ and storage. root , home and swap are formatted to EXT3 and are clean. nothing on them.

Return to “Installation & Boot”