How to play music off All Music . com

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

How to play music off All Music . com

Post by vinoman »

I can't seem to get music file to play off of allmusic.com

I have Media Player Connectivity installed in Firefox, but it doesn't work.

How do I solve this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to play music off All Music . com

Post by 67GTA »

Do you get a blank page?

Code: Select all

When I click on an audio sample in Firefox, it opens a blank page. What do I do?
We are aware of an issue that occurs when Firefox tries to launch ASX audio samples using the default Windows Media Player plug-in. Firefox appears to "white-out" the page you were on as it launches the audio file. This is an issue with how Firefox handles the Windows Media Player plug-in with ASX files, which first surfaced in the release of Firefox 1.5. We hope that this issue will be resolved someday, but until it is, here is a fix. In Firefox;

1. open the "Tools" menu
   2. click on "Options..."
   3. click on "Downloads"
   4. click on the "View & Edit Actions" button
   5. click on the field header labeled "Extensions" (to order the list by extension)
   6. scroll down and click on the entry for "ASX"
   7. click on the "Change Action" button
   8. select the top radio button labeled "Open them with the default application"

Repeat steps 6-8 for every instance of the ASX extension in the list. When you are done, click "Close" then click "OK" in the options window. Allmusic audio samples should now play properly in Windows Media Player, without "whiting-out" the page. 
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Return to “Sound”