font size changer after reboot

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
warddb

font size changer after reboot

Post by warddb »

did a dual install with xp pro/mint until I can transfer saved data files. after in stalling and updating, rebooted and at the user name what I typed was just little dots same for the psw, then the desktop is shifted left about an 1/2 inch so the menu button is just visible, and all of that text is tiny little dots. Im using a dell Optiplex sx240, 384 ram, 1.78 pent 4, 20gb hd with a LG 42 in 720p as monitor.
Thanks for the help,

DW :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: font size changer after reboot

Post by Husse »

I think this may be a driver problem for the video card (or built in video)
Tell us which Mint it is, what updates you made - to begin with just if you used the default mintUpdate or not and of course tell us which video card it is
warddb

Post by warddb »

Husse wrote:I think this may be a driver problem for the video card (or built in video)
Tell us which Mint it is, what updates you made - to begin with just if you used the default mintUpdate or not and of course tell us which video card it is
Thank you, but I solved the problem. :oops: I was trying to update mint 6 from the CD I had not installed it yet. Reread the directions and installed it the right way and it works fine. Not sure what video card, how do I fine it in Mint?

But I have just encountered a new problem, Please forgive me in advance I have not learned all the correct terminology, I can not find my A: 3.25" drive I have another CPU that I need to boot from a 3.25 and format the HD so I can install Mint 6.
Also I'm 15 years window user, and like the directory tree view of right click my computer then explore "view" layout how can I do something like that in mint 6
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I can answer your question about the floppy drive, it is not supported from within the OS. We inherited this issue from Ubuntu but to be fair, I see this in many new releases as well. The good news is that you do not need it to format your drive.Mint 6 will format your drive when you do the install.I think that Nautilus has tree veiw in it's features. Nautilus is the file manager in the Mint 6 Main Edition.

You will get the hang of the terminology in time.

Return to “Beginner Questions”