Anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Linux n00b

Anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Post by Linux n00b »

I was just hit by this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/189288

The exact problem happen to me (cannot open computer and trash, exact same error message), and I didn't update my mint5. Tried reinstall gvfs and nautilus, not working.

While I was searching for possible fix, I realised I can still use konqueror. It's just I don't like the way konqueror works. The most annoying is one click auto play by default (eg, click on a video file, it will auto play it), I cannot find any option to turn it off. Any idea?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lantesh

Re: Anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Post by Lantesh »

That bug report page says it was for an old Alpha 4 version of Ubuntu 8.04. I would think the issue would have been solved by the final release. With this still being an issue for you why not use it as your excuse to do a clean install of Mint 6. Since Mint 5 is giving you issues you might as well.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Updates will fix the problem, gvfs was new in 8.04 and the updates to make it right came out after the release.
Linux n00b

Post by Linux n00b »

Did both updates, nothing helps.

There are couple of small issues to install mint6:

1. I don't like the idea of new mint update. Refresh would take ages, and all those download are too big/ would take too much space just for browsing update.
2. I have already had may new packages installed for functions I need. I'd hate to do them again (a few compiling job too). It will take me some time to get new system the way I like it. Right now, I'm bit lazy to mess around with computer (should do a lot of other things as well, eg. practice guitar).
Linux n00b

Post by Linux n00b »

Looks like I have no choice but do a fresh install. Tried the upgrade to Mint6, resulted not able to boot into x window (text interfact only). :evil:

Return to “Beginner Questions”