(Solved)How to play more than one sound at a time on KDE CE?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TerminusEst

(Solved)How to play more than one sound at a time on KDE CE?

Post by TerminusEst »

Hi there.

My system runs ALSA instead of OSS. I got a 5.1 sound system working well. Everything is fine, EXCEPT only one app can use the sound at the same time. If one app, like Kopete, sings some system ring, for example, and my Amarok is playing at that time, it won't work. I found several ways to solve this, most of them just saying to install a sound server, like pulseaudio. I installed many of them: pulse, esd, arts, jackd... none worked. Either the problem still was there or apps like Amarok just stopped to work, even if I choose the sound server in the "engine" option correctly. So, is there a way to solve this?

Thx a lot. Happy new year to all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TerminusEst

Re: How to play more than one sound at a time on KDE CE?

Post by TerminusEst »

Bump!

So, anyone? Please?
TerminusEst

Re: How to play more than one sound at a time on KDE CE?

Post by TerminusEst »

Thx for the answer but I googled first before posting and already checked those links. None worked: the DMIX-alsa thing, esd, arts, jackd and so on...

Oh well, any more ideas?
TerminusEst

Re: (Solved)How to play more than one sound at a time on KDE CE?

Post by TerminusEst »

I found this post here. Finally I can play two or more sounds at a time.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843012

It's a shame a so good OS like Linux happens to have a so poor audio support... Hope this changes in the future.

Thx for the help.

Return to “Sound”