Installation error

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Saurabh

Installation error

Post by Saurabh »

Hello I am trying to install the Linux Mint Felicia release. My cd drive is not working properly and installation from the drive is impossible. :x After much time I found unetbootin and tried the hard disk option. But even then when I boot using unetbootin I get some ntdlr error. Please Please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
saurabh

Re: Installation error

Post by saurabh »

Sorry the error is a no ubnldr error.
Saurabh

Installation error

Post by Saurabh »

I'll explain in detail what I'm trying to do.Please Please help me out. I am having a faulty cd drive and it is impossible to get Mint installed from there(hangs on step 7) . Anyway I thought that I'll find a way to bypass the cd drive. And then I found unetbootin. On my hard disk there are three partitions 1 NTFS and 2 Fat32 and Windows Xp is installed on the ntfs drive. I suppose I cant boot from usb drives. Thats why I tried to install mint from my hard disk through unetbootin. Only C:/ (my windows drive) showed up on the hard drives option. Anyway I then did the required reboot and sure enough an unetbootin option showed up in the boot menu. However then a error showed up which is also described by Grimly fiendish on this forum:
http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showthread. ... 96&page=13
I happened to read this only after I had posted here. However when I tried the solution proposed there : copying files to my fat32 drive I got a new error when booting into unetbootin. It says that hal.dll file is missing. Please I am at a loss and am desperate :cry: to have my first shot at Linux (Mint is a good option for a first shot ,isn't it.)

Return to “Installation & Boot”