Active X / Netflix?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: Active X / Netflix?

Post by Fred »

Active X does not run on Linux, thank goodness!

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Post by Fred »

hotdamn,

Not on Linux directly, if it requires active X. You can, however, run a XP virtual machine in linux and use active X. I suggest VirtualBox. Search for "Fred VirtualBox" if you want to go this route.

Fred
Fred

Post by Fred »

hotdamn,

You will have to load Windows into the virtual machine. So you will need a copy of Windows.

Fred
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

hotdamn wrote:is there any way to get Netflix 'watch it now' working under Mint6 ?
I'm using firefox 3....tried the user agent switch, but netflix still complains there is no active X.

I understand that active x is a real liability to security, just wonder if there's anyway to get netflix's service working.

many thanks,
-dan
I posted to a previous post about this issue. I heard on a podcast that Netflix is working on a viewer/player for Linux. I will be happy when this becomes available so I can watch "on demand" movies on my Mint-MythTV system.

Return to “Beginner Questions”