Solved:Help needed to install Bluefish or Screem on LM6

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hdesknab

Solved:Help needed to install Bluefish or Screem on LM6

Post by hdesknab »

Need help with installing Bluefish or Screem
I am in the beginning of learning how to create web pages, so i have installed KompoZer but run into trouble right away :?
As soon as a try to open a submeny in Kompozer it crashes, so i would like to install Bluefish or Screem, but since i am a newbi on LinuxMint (and Linux as a whole) i need some assistance on what i need to install ?
If i look at Bluefish it requires gtk+ vers 2.0 or newer, libpcre3.0 or higher and (optional libaspell 0.50 or higher and recomended gnome-fs for remote files (not shure if i really need this).
So i realize that i do not know, how to find out whats already installed with LinuxMint 6 (Felicia), and what i need to install to be able to install Bluefish.
If i take gtk+ as an example which files do i need and what do i do with them ? :wink:
The same goes for Screem but there are much more dependencies to install Screem (which i have installet on a Ubuntu 8.04 without any problems or "extra" software installation needed.
Can somebody give me a "helping hand" ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
badmotor

Re: Help needed to install Bluefish or Screem on LM6

Post by badmotor »

search for Bluefish or Screem in Package manager (You will find package manager in the Mint Menu), tick the box next to the one you want to install and then "Apply" and it should install the package and all it's dependencies along with it.
hdesknab

Solved Re: Help needed to install Bluefish or Screem on LM6

Post by hdesknab »

Thanks for the help i got it up and running :D
Next time i will take the time to see if i find it in the Package manager and not only look in the Software manager :oops:

Hdesknab

Return to “Beginner Questions”