Garmin with Linux

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kenny_lex

Garmin with Linux

Post by kenny_lex »

I has a hard time to find programs that works with my GPS (Garmin 60SCx), I has found some programs like GpsMan, GpsDrive, Viking and QLandkarte, but non of this programs works for me and they can not access my GPS via the USB.

I seek any suggestions for GPS program that I can test and any tips on how to get the USB connection to work. I want to use the program to upload/download tracks and waypoints, live tracking is a plus but not needed; but I want GUI programs and not command line programs like GpsBable.

P.S Sorrw for the bad spelling, I am a Swed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Garmin with Linux

Post by Husse »

Apart from those you mention I've found that Garmin has released the source code for at leas some of their gadgets
http://developer.garmin.com/linux/
So if you dare compile.... (and don't forget to install build essentials first)

Return to “Beginner Questions”