any Lightscribe software???

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mj246969

any Lightscribe software???

Post by mj246969 »

....just wondering if anyone knows of a lightscribe app that works with Mint / linux....or can I make one work with wine??? :?: ...my HP lightscribe burner is the only thing I can't find an app for (I have apps to burn with...just can't make the purty pictures...lol)
...other than that Mint is BY FAR the easiest version to setup I've ever installed and so far the only one that made my Nvidia 8800 GT OC video card a breeze to install and the linksys wireless card was just a matter of point it to the windows .inf file & then put in the MAC address, SSID & other settings....every other version of linux I had / tried wasn't very easy for new hardware.....

:D :) Lov'in Mint so far!!!! :) :D :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lantesh

Re: any Lightscribe software???

Post by Lantesh »

Lacie makes a nice program for burning picture labels. Last time I checked their site it was only available as a RPM package. You can convert it with Alien to a DEB package and install it. That's what I did and have been using that DEB package ever since. Yo do first need to install the actual lightscribe software. I've posted this info up before. Do a search on my user name and it should come up.

Return to “Software & Applications”