Things that are really irritating me

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
poby

Things that are really irritating me

Post by poby »

1. How do I get rid of this !@#$% keyring thing?? I don't want to encrypt my passwords. I just want a simple easy experience but so far googling has not found a solution to this. When I go into evolution I do not want keyring to princess at me for a password. So please someone tell me how I can remove this odious application.

2. The mintinstall app takes like 20 minutes every time I want to use it. Is there any way of speeding it up or maybe an alternative that doesn't take forever downloading stuff b4 I can use it?

3. Most but not all applications start minimised. How do I fix this?

I'm a newbie at linux (obviously). I'm running the 64 bit RC1 edition and mostly it's great. I got compiz fusion doing its thing and all the cool special effects, except one. My windows wobble nicely when I drag them about but they aren't transparent. How do I make them so?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Things that are really irritating me

Post by viking777 »

1) I don't use Evolution, but if I want to switch off passwords in my email program I go to Edit/Preferences/Privacy. You will just have to search around for something similar. I think you will find that it is Evolution that is asking for passwords, keyring is just a place to store them.

2)Synaptic.

3)I expect you are using Gnome (although you don't say). It is supposed to remember the size settings you last used - but it isn't very good at it. Annoying isn't it.

As for Compiz the best advice I can give is to switch it off (worthless crap imho).

Return to “Software & Applications”