Most stable Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bgast1

Most stable Mint

Post by bgast1 »

Which is the most stable version of Mint? I also prefer a KDE desktop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Most stable Mint

Post by proxima_centauri »

The most recent stable version of KDE Community Edition is based on Linux Mint 5 "Elyssa".
In terms of the KDE CE based on Linux Mint 6, this was said on the blog January 4, 2008
After a lot of testing and talking we decided KDE 4.1 wasn’t fit for usage and we couldn’t release it [KDE CE 6] this way. The decision was made to wait for KDE 4.2 stable (which is planned for the end of this month) and to then design a Mint 6 KDE CE based on Kubuntu 8.10 but with Amarok 2.0 and KDE 4.2. This means there won’t be any KDE CE release this month.
bgast1

Post by bgast1 »

What is the most stable version of Mint with the Gnome Desktop? I can always install the KDE applications that I want.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" is the latest stable release.
bgast1

Post by bgast1 »

Thank you. That is what I have installed. I have been on a distro hunt for the last week. Tried my old favorite PCLOS, not my favorite anymore. It has problems that simply can't live with. Mandriva doesn't play nice with my system either. I don't like straight up Ubuntu or the KDE in Kubuntu that much either. I keep coming back to mint, which seems to be working the best for me right now. I can even live with the Gnome Desktop because I like how it is set up. I run Amarok, K3b, and SMplayer.

Return to “Beginner Questions”