Mint on a MacBook 4,1 : Bluetooth doesn't work...

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lvw2000

Mint on a MacBook 4,1 : Bluetooth doesn't work...

Post by Lvw2000 »

Hey guys,

I've used Ubuntu, Fedora and now Mint, and Mint is hands down my favourite! I'm considering donating some money soon, it's just that good!

However, 2 minor issues, which I also had with Fedora, but since I like Mint so much I REALLY wanna fix them :)

I tried installing my iSight using a tutorial on the Ubuntu site, but after trying it with Cheese (that I downloaded with Synaptic) I still get no camera found. (this is a Macbook 4,1)

And as for keyboard layout, well, I don't know. I'm from Belgium so it's an Azerty-keyboard, but some buttons still aren't right.
In Keyboard Preferences I have Macbook/Macbook Pro (intl) as model, and Belgium as layout but that doesn't do the trick, it acts as a normal azerty-keyboard.

So any help would be much appreciated :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hotweiss

Re: Mint on a MacBook, iSight and keyboard layout not OK

Post by hotweiss »

Have you tried this iSight solution?

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/11/03/ ... buntu-810/

Your keyboard solution might be in this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... ostcount=5
Lvw2000

Post by Lvw2000 »

Alright, that got my iSight up and running! Thanks a lot!

The keyboard stuff seems a bit too risky imo, I'm not gonna try that, scared I might render something unusable :)

And now for to get my Bluetooth working... It should be enabled by default but, do you think it being disabled in OSX when I shut down there causes Mint not to see it?

Edit: even with Bluetooth enabled in OSX (so it doesn't switch it of in hardware) Mint doesn't see my Bluetooth... Ubuntu help pages say it should be supported by defult :(

Edit: never mind, it DID work, there just weren't any devices to communicate with :D

Mint is awesome!

But, once the device has been coupled, what can I do then?
hotweiss

Post by hotweiss »

Lvw2000 wrote:Alright, that got my iSight up and running! Thanks a lot!

The keyboard stuff seems a bit too risky imo, I'm not gonna try that, scared I might render something unusable :)

And now for to get my Bluetooth working... It should be enabled by default but, do you think it being disabled in OSX when I shut down there causes Mint not to see it?

Edit: even with Bluetooth enabled in OSX (so it doesn't switch it of in hardware) Mint doesn't see my Bluetooth... Ubuntu help pages say it should be supported by defult :(

Edit: never mind, it DID work, there just weren't any devices to communicate with :D

Mint is awesome!

But, once the device has been coupled, what can I do then?
You should be able send files between the two devices, use a bluetooth mouse (only use for Bluetooth that I have, no dongle), use headphones, etc...
Lvw2000

Re: Mint on a MacBook 4,1 : Bluetooth doesn't work...

Post by Lvw2000 »

Yes I know, but like, if I pair it with my cellphone, what app can I use to send files? 'Cause my phone still doesn't see the laptop as is, and the BlueTooth icon doesn't offer any options other than "connect new device"

Sorry if I'm going a bit off-topic here...
hotweiss

Re: Mint on a MacBook 4,1 : Bluetooth doesn't work...

Post by hotweiss »

Lvw2000 wrote:Yes I know, but like, if I pair it with my cellphone, what app can I use to send files? 'Cause my phone still doesn't see the laptop as is, and the BlueTooth icon doesn't offer any options other than "connect new device"

Sorry if I'm going a bit off-topic here...
You can set-up your Bluetooth device to make your laptop visible, just go into the preferences.

Return to “Hardware Support”