Change Konqueror menu button in titlebar

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sciamano
Level 1
Level 1

Change Konqueror menu button in titlebar

Post by Sciamano »

Hello,
the menu button in the titlebar for Konqueror looks like the same icon of the folders (check attachment).
konqueror_menuicon.png
I would like it to look differently (especially like the 'traditional' konqueror's icon). How do I obtain this?

Thanks!
Luca
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LinuxForever

Re: Change Konqueror menu button in titlebar

Post by LinuxForever »

To change the icon for a button right click on the button.
Click on Configure Toolbar.
In the window on the right side click on the icon you want to change then at the bottom of the window click on Change Icon.
A list of icons will open and you can change the icon to anything on the list.
Sciamano
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sciamano »

I know this. Unfortunately it does not work on the title bar, only with toolbars inside a window. :(
That's why I'm asking.
LinuxForever

Post by LinuxForever »

That's the only way I know how to change an icon. I bet if you asked at the Ubuntu forum as a Kubuntu user someone would know how to do it. I know Kubuntu uses KDE4.x now, but it used to use KDE3.x It's worth a try.
Sciamano
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sciamano »

I'll try there, then :-)
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

I think that icon is taken from whatever icon is used for the directory you have Konqueror opened to. I'm looking at Konqueror (sorry, but from another distro right now, Mepis), and I have have different icons for certain directories. When I change to one of those directories, the icon at the top of Konqueror also changes to the one for whatever folder I'm in.

Assuming this is the same for Mint, and hoping I explained this clearly. If you have no special icons for any of your directories, then I think all you should see there will be the default icon used for your directories.
Sciamano
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sciamano »

Hi MALsPa,
yes, that's exactly how it behaves. Instead, I would like the icon to be just that: the Konqueror icon, not a folder, not the desktop icon, not a disk icon...
I'm pretty sure there's no way to obtain that, though, since no one (neither here nor in any other forum) had any idea.
Thanks anyway
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

Yeah, I don't think so, I think it's just gonna reflect whatever directory you're currently in.
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

I think it's useful the way it is, but of course you could change some of your directory icons to K icons... No, I guess that's not really any kind of solution, though.
Sciamano
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sciamano »

It's okay, I can live with it... it's really not much of a problem.
If it were possible to change the icon, I would have done it. Since it's not possible, I'll keep it the way it is. :D

Return to “Software & Applications”