MintXFCE No Wireless Connection IBM TP R60e Atheros

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lammy.

MintXFCE No Wireless Connection IBM TP R60e Atheros

Post by Lammy. »

Hi there.

First of all let me say that I just fell in love with MintXFCE. Okay that sounded a little more
geeky than usual, but seriously this distro has been just what Ive been looking for.

Anyway as an permanent internet user I found it very frustrating that I can't get connection to the internet.

so here's the deal.

Linux Mint 5 XFCE has been installed and no changes where made so far.
I can see every wireless network around but I can't successfully connect.
It says its obtaining the IP-adress but its not finishing the job ... btw. I used wiced and Nm.
also its giving me fancy information about the signal level, like 254 percent (if only...).
It doesn't matter if I'm connection to an unsecured or wep secured network.
It also says it using the Atheros HAL and driver. Turning them off doesnt help.

So, I'm running a IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad R60e with an Atheros Chipset.

Anyway, there's one more thing. Ive been using some other distros lately and it turned out, that all of them
are giving me a very low connection quality (compared to Windows). I looked around and newer got any answer.
Here's what I think. As far as I know, Thinkpads are using an antenna that is integrated in the display frame. Maybe
that need to be integrated somehow.

Thanks for listening,

Lammy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: MintXFCE No Wireless Connection IBM TP R60e Atheros

Post by Husse »

Maybe you should try ndiswrapper
The wifi wiki tells you how
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/MintWifi

Return to “Xfce”