Digikam Problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sasafrass452

Digikam Problem

Post by Sasafrass452 »

I want to use Digikam to transfer pics from my camera, but it won't let me transfer. It detects my camera, but it won't connect. Also, I would like Digikam to launch when I plug in my camera. I looked in "preferred applications", but there's no option for a camera.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Nevart

Re: Digikam Problem

Post by Nevart »

I don't know if this will help (since it is Mint) but a similar question was posted on the Slax forum (I think it is slax.org but might be .com) and the person was having the same problem as you. So you could check there and see if you can use that info. There is a search feature, so if you type Digikam in the search box, you'll probably find the post you need.
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

There weren't any posts there about the problem I'm having.... Any other ideas?
Nevart wrote:I don't know if this will help (since it is Mint) but a similar question was posted on the Slax forum (I think it is slax.org but might be .com) and the person was having the same problem as you. So you could check there and see if you can use that info. There is a search feature, so if you type Digikam in the search box, you'll probably find the post you need.
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*
Vargas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Vargas »

The same happened to me. In Elyssa used to work ok.
This helped me
In short: plug in the camera, turn it on, unmont it, import photos with digikam as usual.
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

Oddly enough, unmounting first works :) But I wish I didn't have to take that extra step....
Vargas wrote:The same happened to me. In Elyssa used to work ok.
This helped me
In short: plug in the camera, turn it on, unmont it, import photos with digikam as usual.
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

*bump*