How to help to translate Mint's software/interface ?

Help translate Linux Mint to other languages
Forum rules
No support questions here please. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
redvivi

How to help to translate Mint's software/interface ?

Post by redvivi »

Hello !

I would like to help to translate Mint's interface/software in French. It's sad to see that some configuration tools aren't completly translated. How can I do ?

Thanks,
RedVivi
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: How to help to translate Mint's software/interface ?

Post by Husse »

There is a translations forum
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43
but french is normally always done...
redvivi

Post by redvivi »

Maybe it doesn't depend on Mint bur for instance, the "Desktop Cube" settings in Compiz manager aren't translated. And in the "Control center", I can notice (even if my system language is French) the terms "Network Configuration, Firewall Configuration, Simple CompizConfig Settings, PulseAudio Preferences" as well. I would like to fix that if you want to.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Not absolutely sure but I think that's inherited from Compiz and gnome
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Good spot, I can confirm that the string is not internationalised on line 126 of mintInstall.py I'm not sure how to bring this to their attention though, hopefully being here is enough.

Basically anything that is to do with a mintTool you should bring up here, and you can help translate it. If it's not a mintTool, like the examples in compiz you mentioned earlier, I'm sure they'd be glad for the input, you just need to find the right forum!

Return to “Translations”