Linux mint 6 and Dell Studio 1535: disaster

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bagheera

Linux mint 6 and Dell Studio 1535: disaster

Post by Bagheera »

Nothing to do. I can't use mint6 on my laptop:

When I use the buttons to the brightness gnome no longer works. The CD player does not read disks often giving error. And other small things. I have used repo of community and backport but notihg changes,If someone hasn't a solution i must wait kde4.2 on mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Linux mint 6 and Dell Studio 1535: disaster

Post by Husse »

Well the only thing I get out of this is that there is a disaster
Please take some time when you write a post, especially if you are not versatile in English so we can understand your problem and help you
Sound and Skype

Post by Sound and Skype »

I concur that this has been a disaster for me at least in the scope of Skype usage. Video works fine as well as chat, but I cannot get the microphone to work. I have searched forums including the following;

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... microphone

http://tips4nongeeks.blogspot.com/2009/ ... buntu.html

Neither have worked. If anyone has solved this problem specific to the Dell Studio 1535 with ATI, I am forever in your debt.

Thank you.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Oh yes, the same with me: I can't hear my voice with the skype test, and with tool "audio recorder".
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Exscuse me, you have a studio 1535 too, but you don't have the problems that i have??

Post by Guest »

Bagheera wrote:Exscuse me, you have a studio 1535 too, but you don't have the problems that i have??
No, almost everything else has worked fine. One other glitch I have found is that when compiz is enabled, videos "blink" when playing.

If it helps, when I right click on the speaker icon and open volume control, I have as the device HDA ATI SB (Alsa Mixer) and on the switches tab I have the headphone as line out box checked.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

This is strange: some laptop and same distro... buttons "touch" of brightness and cd player, you have tried ?

For video blink with compiz you can go in preference "multimedia system" (or something like that) and choose video output "without xv". With Vlc always in preference of video "video x11"

Return to “Hardware Support”