Problem installing through windows

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DataMan

Re: Problem installing through windows

Post by DataMan »

Although I haven't done it yet (and probably never will :D ), I think you need to run Mint from a virtualization within Vista. You will need to set up the virtual app first, then install Mint. You cannot happily double click on the Mint iso within Vista and expect any kind of results (other than Redmond warnings).

My suggestion is to get a decent partition editor and whittle Vista down to size and then do an actual installation of it's own (Mint). Chime in if you are interested in going that route. There's plenty of resources available to walk you through the steps.

DataMan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Post by Fred »

polargimp,

I would suggest you run it from the live cd to see if you might be interested. If so, take the time and effort to learn to install it correctly. If not, don't put yourself through the hassle. Just stay with Windows.

In the end you will find the above to be good advice.

Fred
ontherun

Post by ontherun »

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet? If not, perhaps this option should be removed as it's obviously borked. A broken "feature" is not really a feature, and just creates a piss poor first impression.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Mint4win(Wubi) can't use proxies.
Just download the iso to the same folder as the min4win.exe.
It should then install just fine.
If not you could burn the iso to a cd and let mint4win create the iso from the live cd.

Return to “Installation & Boot”