The forum has suddenly got problems with "umlaut"

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Husse

The forum has suddenly got problems with "umlaut"

Post by Husse »

I had no problem to write my location as near Boras Sweden However I typed the northern European letter a with a little ring on top of it (danes sometimes write aa instead) and now it has become the distorted Y you get if the caracter set is the wrong one. But the pages use ISO-8859-1 which should give a correct representaiton.
I also noted that some german complained about problems with "umlaut" in the german forum...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

So much for me deleting characters :twisted: ... Please see my other posting in the "Mint Cafe". :?
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

oddly enough, I can see your little "a" with the "o" on top if I force my Firefox manually to use UTF-8 ... Seems someone was playing around with the default character encoding on the server side? e.g. it was UTF-8 and now someone is enforcing ISO-8859-1 ?? This is bound to make troubles :?
Husse

Post by Husse »

I visited a site that used UTF-8 the other day and all "umlaut characters" looked really weird. In Sweden, with 3 "umlaut letters" latin-1 has been widely used, and I think 8859-1 and latin-1 are the same
Testing on the next line 3 letters

//edit//
They were there in the preview but disappeared after submit, as the line following them :(
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Clém fixéd thîs. ÃŽt shöüld wörk nöw ägäîn. :D
Husse

Post by Husse »

:):)

Return to “Open Chat”