Ubuntu 9.04 alpha 2

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 alpha 2

Post by darco »

I havent noticed much of a faster boot up though others have "claimed" under 30 seconds,....JJ in a VM boots up really fast, under 40 secs!
I still havent decided but I will probably reload LM 6 x64 Final when it comes out as my main OS and create a partition for Win 7. Then load up VMware to run Outlook as I need it for work. Evolution cannot connect to my companies Exchange server since they moved the servers in house :(

darco
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Evolution is supposed to be better at connecting to Exchange, but its an endless war between the two. Exchange is one of the beatsticks that MS uses to keep the corporate world using Outlook.
Yownanymous

Post by Yownanymous »

darco wrote:
AK Dave wrote:darco, I think you're doing it wrong. You should be using something relatively stable, Jaunty, as the host for the unstable virtual virus-trap. :)
u funny! :D

darco
U not type properly!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I have noticed that there was no Alpha 4 release announcement so I grabbed a daily build to find out why. The installer has been redone and it looks great! The picking your region is not the jumpy mess it used to be, it is clean and organized. Too bad the installer does not work...The install does not partition the hard drive. I notice the new volume control layout is still present, they seem to have removed the features they were having problems with. The default applications are up to date and Brasero is at a much higher version than I knew was available. The system menu was missing, Shutdown, Reboot, etc, currently there is only the panel button for these choices. Jaunty is still looking pretty good for an alpha and there is still plenty of time to iron out the rough edges. Oh, almost forgot, memory use seemed to be much better.

Edit: I looked at the wrong date for Alpha 4, it comes out February 26th.

Return to “Chat about Linux”