At the moment, we have come up with a Live CD that provides the user with 3 choices when the Live CD session starts (after booting). These are:
- 1. Installer only mode: In this mode only Ubiquity (the installer) runs and nothing else. This is the lightest of the 3 options.
- 2. Minimal Live CD mode: In this mode only Fluxbox, the wallpaper and the menu system are run. None of the background or system tray applications are started. This provides a light Fluxbox environment from which you will have access to everything on the Live CD provided you know how to get it.
- 3. Default session mode: In this mode all the system services that have been turned off by default in the Live CD are started, Fluxbox and all background and system tray applications are also started. Basically, it gives you all the functionality of an installed system.
Our questions to you, the users, are:
- Will this be a useful feature?
- Will it over complicate the Live CD?
- Are there too many options?
- Should we just choose one and have that as the default?
- Is there an easier way to go about this?
Let us know what you want in the poll and comment!