Weird blackouts Acer ASpire 5670 (ATI Radeon Mobility x1600)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Weird blackouts Acer ASpire 5670 (ATI Radeon Mobility x1600)

Post by Guest »

Hi all!

Just got Felicia installed and seeming to work (not without troubles with the video card - ATI Radeon Mobility x1600). The only serious problem so far - once in a while the screen starts to blink very fast from totally black (as in disconnected from power - that is 0 signal) to the desktop - after sometime it ceases. But it hangs Elisa with the whole OS if it happened while playing back a movie! Any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kaynemo

Re: Weird blackouts Acer ASpire 5670 (ATI Radeon Mobility x1600)

Post by kaynemo »

Guest wrote:Hi all!

Just got Felicia installed and seeming to work (not without troubles with the video card - ATI Radeon Mobility x1600). The only serious problem so far - once in a while the screen starts to blink very fast from totally black (as in disconnected from power - that is 0 signal) to the desktop - after sometime it ceases. But it hangs Elisa with the whole OS if it happened while playing back a movie! Any thoughts?
P.S. Sorry - I had to use the Guest mode - I've had troubles with this forum :)
kaynemo

Post by kaynemo »

Ok !! SO it took me more then two months to figure this crap out and this forum was no help at all - like seriously, this is the first distro I've used, who's forum didn't even attempt to help, but anyway - there seems to be a solution - turning OFF powernowd service in services panel seems to do the trick - CPU stepping is not working well. I hope this helps someone !
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Slipped through the cracks. Don't take it personal.
kaynemo

Post by kaynemo »

Nah - it's cool, I was being sarcastic, sorry - gotta say that powernowd OFF still doesn't fix the problem entirely - it is SO annoying and I can't figure out what causes it :(

Return to “Sound”