Mint & Kubuntu

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
natchezjohn

Mint & Kubuntu

Post by natchezjohn »

I wish to checkout KDE. I have Mint installed within XP (it works MAGNIFICENTLY) and wish to install Kubuntu also within XP. Can I do that - HOW!

John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mint & Kubuntu

Post by altair4 »

It's you use of the phrase " installed within XP" that throws me. Are you running Mint in VirtualBox on WinXP? If so then just create another Virtual Machine named Kubuntu.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
natchezjohn

Post by natchezjohn »

No. If you boot the "live disk" while XP is running you get an option to create a folder within windows that gives you the option at boot to go to LinuxMint or XP.
Works fine.

John
natchezjohn

Post by natchezjohn »

BTW you get the same option if you boot the Kubuntu "live" while running XP. But if you do it - it replaces the Mint installation.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Ah, you're talking about Wubi. I have no experience with it but you might look at the following:

Can I install more than 1 ubuntu distro?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... t=multiple
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

Return to “Installation & Boot”