Apton Cd didn't work

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gibbsre

Apton Cd didn't work

Post by gibbsre »

I had to do a reinstall after I put in a new hard drive, and when I tried to restore with my Apton cd, it won't work. It gets to 93 percent every time, and then everything just quits, and disappears. No window, no nothing. The new install went fine, and all updates worked, it's just the info on the cd is lost now. All that work for nothing. What a disappointment.
Has anyone else had this experience ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Apton Cd didn't work

Post by garda »

I have never had any problems with AptOnCD -- it serves me very well.

The glitch you saw was probably caused by a bad/faulty burn, which happens pretty often and is the reason why I prefer to just save the ISO on another hard disk or an USB stick.
distoaddict

Re: Apton Cd didn't work

Post by distoaddict »

There was a problem with aptoncd 0.1.98-oubuntu3 which has since been updated to 0.1.98 oubuntu4.v3 was behaving as you describe but its all ok now.

Return to “Beginner Questions”