Acer Aspire 6920 - Hibernate

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kaye

Acer Aspire 6920 - Hibernate

Post by Kaye »

Hey everyone, me again!

Today I tried to put my laptop into hibernate mode for the first time since installing Felicia. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it ended up not working out too well. The screen turned black for about a minute, then flashed green, back to black and said something along the lines of "LNXPOWER failed" and gave an error code of -8 (the error code is exact). I had to restore my system to the last working configuration to get it working again. Is there any way for me to fix this?

Thanks, Kaye.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Acer Aspire 6920 - Hibernate

Post by locutus »

Fix this? Nope, not that I've been able to find, anyway. Suspend doesn't work, either. Even shutting down, on the odd occasion, doesn't work. I *think* they all worked in Elyssa; suspend and shut down did, anyway. I have an Acer Aspire 7520.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

Ah, I see. I guess I'll just have to settle for locking it to keep the screen darkened.

On another note, did you ever have a problem with headphones? Such as, the sound would still play through the speakers when you had headphones plugged in? I had to patch the sound myself using OSS, I don't know if you had to do that or not.

Thanks for the response, Kaye.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

Never tried; I will when I get a chance.

Return to “Beginner Questions”