very nasting problem with flash videos

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linuxatico

very nasting problem with flash videos

Post by linuxatico »

Hi, this is the first time i use this forum, and I wish someone can help me solving a problem that sucks so much.
Almost everytime i play a video on youtube, or I play any facebook game that needs flash.... or it simply blocks or it blocks and the video becomes gray. In both of the cases i need to refresh once or more till it works or I stop trying.....
Actually I tried to install\remove any package related to flash:
  • flashplugin-nonfree, flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound, adobe-flashplugin
now the best working package is flashplugin-nonfree and flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound because sometimes I can see a few seconds of videos, instead if i put adobe-flashplugin i get always This video is no longer avaiilable

please tell me what can I do, this problem happens with firefox, epiphany ecc
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: very nasting problem with flash videos

Post by shane »

first of all, purge all flash packages... (completely remove in spynaptic) then purge nspluginwrapper...

then reinstall flash.

or from command line the commands to run are...

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude purge flashplugin-nonfree flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound adobe-flashplugin nspluginwrapper
then

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
garda

Post by garda »

linuxatico,

I see similar symptom with Firefox on x64 versions of Ubuntu and Mint, and there seems to be no other way to remedy that if adobe-flashplugin -- provided all other flash packages have been purged as suggested by Shane -- does not do the trick. Your only options would be to use Opera or switch to x86 (32-bit) versions of the aforementioned distros and replace flashplugin-nonfree et al with adobe-flashplugin.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

i had the exact same problem as the OP... grayed out flash content. It was not limited to FF... i had it in Midori and Kazehakase.

the culprit here is nspluginwrapper... what i did solved the prob for me. no more gray outs.
Dan42

Post by Dan42 »

Thank you Shane. I had the same problem with my flash player. Your fix worked great. :D
mattyd.24

Post by mattyd.24 »

I've got the same problems as described; after 7 seconds of stuttery video (youtube, etc.) it freezes, the window goes dark and then it repeats.
I've tried all of these methods described as well as slightly different configurations and I still can't get flash video to work.
Can someone help?? I'm running LinuxMint 6 32-bit with plenty of grunt to play flash video and getting sick of watching videos in 7 second spurts.

Return to “Software & Applications”