CD/DVD burning software

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bwjpg
Level 2
Level 2

CD/DVD burning software

Post by bwjpg »

I've been using Mint as my primary OS for a few weeks now and am very pleased. Surprisingly though, unlike a great many distros, there's no CD/DVD burning software included by default (something to consider for Cassandra?)
I have an old Sony DVD/CD-R/RW and a Samsung DVD+-R/RW dual layer drive.
I rip most of my DVDs (strip out copyright warnings and preserve the precious original discs) so some DVD backup software will probably be required. I like to control as many aspects as possible and am indifferent to unfriendly interfaces.
I wonder if anyone had any recommendations of programs that they used?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

Im sure there is one, not that I've used it yet.
any way a cool one is from kde called k3b. it maybe on mint already or just install it and dependencies.
:)
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
pghjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pghjake »

I use k9copy which allows you the choice of what titles from a dvd to rip to an iso9660 image. I then use k3b to burn the image. No problems, just works.
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

K3b is my choice in gnome or kde. Works great in both desktops.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I found Brasero, not used it to much but burned ISO with no problems. Is in the repos
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I use Brasero.... and k3b only occasionally when I need to make a videoCD or video DVD...
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

To burn ISO I use the integrated Gnome feature. To burn data I usually use it as well, or K3B if I want to make something more complex.

Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

To burn ISO I use the integrated Gnome feature.
Must have missed something, I thought that was just a simple drag and drop, or could you drag and drop an ISO and get it right?
justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo »

I seldom use DVDs .I never used one to record anything.I have a DVD burner I took out of a late model E Machine and have K3B on this Linux to burn CD ISOs.So I ask exactly which DVD blanks to buy? I think there are versions of them.I am downloading the DVD ISO now.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Husse: just right click the ISO file in Gnome and select Burn to Disk... et voila.

Clem
justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo »

Well.I have been doing it the hard way I guess. I always can cut the burn rate down to twelve or sixteen on K3 B. I have not tried the burner Clem says to use.

Return to “Other topics”