Can`t start Transmission after upgrade

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lovetz

Can`t start Transmission after upgrade

Post by Lovetz »

After upgrade to 1.50 from 1.38 in synaptic I can`t start transmission(
In terminal I see:

Code: Select all

lovetz@Dell-500 ~ $ transmission
Can`t read «/home/lovetz/.config/transmission/settings.json»: Success
transmission: bencode.c:1370: tr_bencMergeDicts: Assertion `tr_bencIsDict( source )' failed.
Aborted
LinuxMint-6
Please, HELP! I don`t want lost my partial downloaded files!(
Sorry for mu bad english.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Can`t start Transmission after upgrade

Post by rivenought »

Which repository are you using to upgrade Transmission? I have the default repositories enabled and updated, yet only see Transmission 1.34 as being available.
Lovetz

Post by Lovetz »

rivenought wrote:Which repository are you using to upgrade Transmission?
http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... =13&t=5604
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

OK, I read through that. Yep, you are using a much newer version than what has been tested and comes with Mint. If your previous version of Transmission worked, you may wish to revert to it. You also may wish to post your problem with the Transmission guys. It might be a known issue. I wish I could help more, but I use the Transmission that is standard with Mint and have not seen that error message before. Perhaps someone who also uses your advanced packages can soon shed some light. Good luck.
Lovetz

Post by Lovetz »

rivenought wrote:If your previous version of Transmission worked, you may wish to revert to it. You also may wish to post your problem with the Transmission guys. It might be a known issue.
How I can revert to previous version? I don`t know(
And yes, I post my problen on official transmission forum, but nobody answer to my question(
http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=9&t=7068
knuckles

Post by knuckles »

with synaptic you can force an older version, only look a little in the Menu's it's not hard to find.

but it must be a problem with you PC/Installation, because it work flawless for me.

Her I will thank you for the link! (at the moment i'm searching all the new version, and I prefer repository from removed... after I will build an personalized Felicia Live-DVD, thanks to MintContructor {a great programm})
Lovetz

Post by Lovetz »

SOLVED:
Charles Kerr wrote:Thanks for the bug report. If this happens to enough Ubuntu users it might be worth doing a small 1.51 bugfix release.

In any case, I suspect the workaround is to delete the file /home/lovetz/.config/transmission/settings.json

Please try that out and post a forum reply letting me know how it goes.
All works fine now)

Return to “Software & Applications”