CD/DVD only works sometimes????

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: CD/DVD only works sometimes????

Post by Husse »

You can't mount the CD /DVD player - you mount the disk but that should be automatic when you insert the disk
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
KevMaverick

Post by KevMaverick »

I had a big problem with this when using Ubuntu.

I solved the problem by installing a program called MountManager. It completely fixed the issue with just a couple of clicks.

You may have to run it in a terminal using 'sudo mountmanager' for it to successfully save your new configuration.

I have the configuration options I used written down somewhere if you need them. :wink:
Fred

Post by Fred »

osurshaney,

Before you start modifying fstab with some GUI, maybe you should give us a little more information. Please describe what happens when you put a cd in the drive. What screens or boxes, if any, do you see come up on your desktop?

Fred
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Code: Select all

pmount /dev/scd0
You might have to install pmount, but you will find it in synaptic and it is tiny.

It is not really a permanent solution though because hal should be doing the job for you.

Return to “Hardware Support”