Problem with K3b and Lame using Mint 6 (32 and 64 bit)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PurplePants
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with K3b and Lame using Mint 6 (32 and 64 bit)

Post by PurplePants »

Hi

I have Mint 6 32 bit running on my laptop and the 64 bit on the desktop. I have installed K3b and Lame via Synaptic and when I try to rip a CD, I'm getting error message saying command failed. I can't rip using either the laptop or desktop. I get the same error message from both.

I have also installed Flac using Synaptic and K3b rip CDs fine to Flac. Looking at the plugin listed under K3n, Lame is not listed so I'm assuming it's a plugin issue? Any idea how I can get K3b to install the Lame plugin?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Paul_Vandenberg
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Problem with K3b and Lame using Mint 6 (32 and 64 bit)

Post by Paul_Vandenberg »

You can go into settings and change the settings for 'external encoder' to enable both "Swap Byte Order" and "Write Wave Header". I can't be more specific as I currently don't have K3B or KDE installed.

Paul
curt_grymala

Post by curt_grymala »

Have you tried using Banshee to rip your CDs? I love K3B for burning and copying discs, but I think Banshee is better (and more friendly) for ripping CDs.
PurplePants
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PurplePants »

Paul_Vandenberg wrote:You can go into settings and change the settings for 'external encoder' to enable both "Swap Byte Order" and "Write Wave Header". I can't be more specific as I currently don't have K3B or KDE installed.

Paul
Paul, you are a star!!!!!!! I THANK YOU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Software & Applications”